-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 1:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] eth card not running

Hello folks,
In may job I have an old Pentium 200 non MMX with 32 Mb Ram, two hard
drives (one 1,6 Gb with windows98 an other 10Gb, 6 for linux, 4 extra
for windows). The computer it's in the University net, using an OvisLink
LE_8019 PnP and an old Creative Vibra SB 16.
In this computer I had Windows98 and Mandrake 7.0 running, but I decided
to try the change to Mandrake 7.2; because the memory, I used the text
installation and it works!!, even KDE 2.0 are running faster than the
KDE1 with MDK 7.0, but , bad news!!!, I can't run internet.

The module is accepted, this net-card it is compatible with ne2000 and
if I use:
modprobe ne irq=5 io=0x300, the result is:
eth0 NE2000 found at 0x300, using IRQ 5

If I use lsmod, then:
ne 6544
8390 6208 [ne]

[I do not know if the number 8390 is important, my net-card is OVisLink
LE-8019!!!!!, is this number related to the 8390???)

Everything seems to be running, but if I try to connect (for example,
using lynx), then I have not connection and using dmesg I can see the
next line:

eth0: Tx timed out, lost interrupt? TSR=0x3, ISR=0x93, t=943

(Note: the value of t is changing, I think that every time I try to
connect).

ne module, irq 5 and io 0x300 was the configuration used with MDK 7.0
and, as I said, it worked.

Please, could anybody help me!!!

Thanks a lot for your attention

Francisco Alcaraz