Jim,
I have a Visor, which I'm attempting to Sync with Mdk 7.2.  Not much luck
with the USB.  So i bought a serial cradle, and that has wokrked fine.  Once
I upgrade to 2.4 I'm going to attempt the USB cradel again.

Anyhow... about your problem... one thing that is different between the two
computers is the chipset on your motherboard.  With your older Pentium you
had an Intel chipset (probaly VX or BX)  But with your new Duron you've got a
Via KT133 chipset.  Now I don't know if this is the cuase of your problems or
not, but its something to look into.

Also, out of curiosity, at what point in the sync does it fail?  I had some
problems with jpilot trying to sync the mail program on my Visor, even whenI
didn't use the mail program.

Aaron