Vicar In A Tutu wrote:

> >===== Original Message From David Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
> >On Thursday 11 January 2001 11:26 pm, Vicar In A Tutu wrote:
> >> Hail Eris!
> >>
> >>Firstly, the cursor. It's just a white
> >> square, ladies and gents, and weird as it might sound, but I actually like
> >> to see the things I click on.
> >
> >I recall seeing a comment in my /etc/X11/XF86Config file that mentions the
> >cursor appearing as a white square. You might be able to fix it by
> >uncommenting a line in this file.

do you use a S3 graphic card?

sorry if you had mentioned this already ...

if you are using one of the S3 graphic card, then this should work ...

$ su
password: **********

edit the file  /etc/X11/XF86Config

in the devices section where the S3 graphic card is mentioned, there is
a line that says

# put clock lines here

right after that line, enter this

Option "sw_cursor"

save this file and use ctrl-alt-backspace to restart x.

i hope that's somewhat helpful ...

aston
sydney, australia