>     OK, I apologize for funnin with ya. But Michael's right, you'd only
> get that error with a current cooker, or an incompatible RH7 package.
> Please post the rpm's full name that you're tryin to install. It's
> possible to install cooker/RH7 rpm's, but you have to be very careful
> as to what, or you'll break your system.  Current cooker & RH7 is
> almost completely incompatible with 7.2 due to abrupt changes in glibc,
> rpm-4, gcc 2.96, etc.  Your best chance is to get a cooker src rpm and
> rebuild it with 7.2's gcc-2.95.3/glibc-2.1.3. As simple as 'rpm
> --rebuild <package>'.  Even then, the resulting rpm can be a system
> buster  (which would be a 'user'error' ;>).  So what're ya tryin?

Well that explains why me trying to go to upgrade my system somewhat was
bombing all the time... Has anyone one managed to find a somewhat easy way
to upgrade the system.  There are so many interdependencies for the new
kernel its a mess... I might try the above but would perfer to know if it
will break the system before I do it... that way I can have my disks
ready :^)

Pascal Poirier 8^)

"Time is just one damn thing after another!" -Anonyms

Fifth Year Electrical Engineering     Daltech, Nova Scotia