I've been struggling with a dual boot installation of
second gen win98 and Mandrake7.2. I understand that
7.2 may be a beta release?

Anyhow, when I have the dual boot setup and have
Mandrake Linux 7.2 running happily - The windows 98se
is frought with problems - applications freezing or
not starting, games not playing, cdr being
unreliable..etc.

I'm an end-user: so I use McAffe utilities on
windows98se - and Windows gets better!

Unfortunately, now Lilo isn't working and I now no
longer can boot into Linux Mandrake -only windows- on
restart.

Should I be using the Lin4Win product and allow
Windows to monopolize my machine? (333mhz intel P2,
128mg ram, 6 and 18 gig hardrives)
Is another version of Windows friendlier with Lilo and
Linux?
Is there a way I can make a boot floppy to access my
Linux partition now I no longer can boot to it?

(I do need widows to run many programs I've become
very accustomed to: Dreamweaver, photoshop,
illustrator, flash...)

Thank you for help and advice.

Mike Cooke

=====