On Wednesday 17 January 2001 05:18 am, Cristiano de Lima Logrado wrote:
>     I'm a new user ... and i'd like to know where can I get the KDE2
> for Mandrake 7.1 ?
   Please opost with plain text.

   There's a list of cooker mirrors here:
   http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/cookerdevel.php3

    Don't use the cooker rpms. The 7.x compatible KDE 2.1 beta2
rpms are in the /unsupported/i586/kde2.1/  directory.  You'll need
all the rpms in this dir (56mb).  D/L them them into a dir by
themselves and install all at once using 'rpm -Uvh *'.  The author of
these rpms, Chris Molnar, advocates using 'urpmi *.rpm'  Depending on
your Mandrake version/install, you may get some failed dependencies.
You'll then need to d/l those to the dir you create above, and try the
'rpm -Uvh *' (or urmpi) again till the upgrade is successful.  Then
immediately run 'rpm --rebuilddb' followed with 'update-menus -v'
Logout and back into your desktop.  Done.   YMMV  ;)
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay