you are using X 4.01 aren't you.  Glide doesn't work with X 4.01.  You
have to use opengl as your renderer.  Go to /usr/local/games/ut/System
and edit UnrealTournament.ini.  Here is what it should look like

[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
WindowedRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

THen scroll down to the openGL subsection and make sure that the setting
look good for your hardware.

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]

UseGammaExtension=1
UseModulatedGamma=0

OpenGLLibName=libGL.so
MinDepthBits=16
MaxLogUOverV=8
MaxLogVOverU=8
UseMultiTexture=1
UsePalette=1
UseAlphaPalette=0
ShareLists=0
AlwaysMipmap=0
DoPrecache=0
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
UseTrilinear=False

this is an opengl section for a geforce2 card.  You'll need to make
these changes for sure:

UseTNT=0
UseS3TC=0
OpenGLLibName=libGL.so  should point to libMesaVoodoo or something.  I
don't remember off hand.

Good luck!

Abe