On Tuesday 16 January 2001 06:08 am, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got this mail from root. The mail repeates the same message. Could
> someone tell me what is wrong??
> -10.110.6.17 is my gateway to the internet
> -eth0 is my networkcard to the internet
>
> What does this mean???
>
> BR,
> Steve
>
> Security Violations
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Jan 15 04:02:23 sabrina kernel: Packet log: i_eth0 DENY eth0 PROTO=17
> 10.110.6.17:520 10.110.6.23:520 L=52 S=0x00 I=51400 F=0x0000 T=49 (#1)

either someone has scanned your system, or has attempted to connect and enter
your system unauthorized. At any rate your firewall denied the packet entry
and didn't send anything back. Looks like your firewall is working well,
however if you don't already have it turned on and running I would strongly
suggest you also add another layer to your system security and run PortSentry
in addition to you firewall. single layer system security is just an
invitation for crackers to try and break thru. Redundency is the key to a
secure system.
--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being worthless,"
"Sharing is what makes them powerful."

                                Linus Torvalds