Kurt wrote:

> I recently installed lm 7.2 and i'm still learning it, but my question is, is
> there a way to access and use microsoft word from ,my other partition.  I can
> access my windows fine but i can't run any programs from that OS.  Just
> curious
>
> Kurt
=====================
Hi Kurt,
    If all you're trying to do is open some of your M$ docs to work on or manipulate
in Linux, then you don't really need to run M$ Word itself (though that might be
possible with VMWare, possibly even Wine).  Use StarOffice or Applixware (SO is
free!!).  StarOffice can open almost any Word, Excel, or Powerpoint doc I've thrown at
it, more often than not flawlessly!  I've had students e-mail me essays as Word
attachments.  I've opened in SO, made my comments and corrections in red, saved as a
Word 97 file, e-mailed it back as an attachment.  No worries; no problems ;o)
    Give it a try.  Open SO, Open file, go to /mnt/win98 (or whatever you call your
windows partition) /mydocuments and try opening a Word file.  You'll be pleasantly
surprised.
HTH,
Mike
--
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    -Benjamin Frankilin

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/