I have Mandrake 6.5 installed as a standalone OS on my Compaq
LTE 5300 laptop.
Pentium 133mmx, 80 meg RAM, 1.3 GB HDD, sound, video, etc.
Docking station is plugged into a 3 workstation peer to peer WIN
9x network, laptop has a 33.6K USR (Megahertz) PCMIA modem.
Install was done via CDROM in the docking station. Upon rebooting
the system hangs while checking the PCMIA slot(s). I've
uninstalled and reinstalled twice and get same result. If I take the
laptop out of the docking station and run it off the power supply or
battery it boots and runs just fine, including using the modem and
kppp to connect to the internet. Pop it into the docking station and
it never finishes the boot process. I've probably attempted booting
in the docking station over 25 times with same (non) result. Any
ideas?
      Your Correspondent typing in
Lee, MA  "The Gateway to the Berkshires"
      Ken Browne