Did you upgrade glibc via Cooker (the "Development" option in Mandrake
Update)? The Cooker glibc (version 2.2.x) is incompatible with earlier
versions, including that of 7.2 (version 2.1.3). Your solutions are to either
fully upgrade to Cooker (not recommended) or to downgrade glibc to the
version used in 7.2.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
        Your mouse has moved. Windows must be rebooted to acknowledge this change.