Since I installed Mandrake 7.2, Sawfish-GNOME has taken a while to load up.
Sometimes this delay is very short, sometimes it takes several minutes. Most
often it takes about a minute. Other environments (like KDE) don't have this
problem. Once loaded, however, I have no problems. I have filed a bug report
with Mandrakesoft about this, and they appear to be looking into it. I have
since switched to Ximian GNOME, and now the problem is less pronounced (the
startup pauses for about 30 secs rather than several minutes and this time
does not fluctuate).

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson