On Tuesday 23 January 2001 12:17, you wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to get a usb zip drive to work under Mandrake 7.2.
> Usb storage and usb interface is loaded at boot. When I look at
> HardDrake devices under usb interfaces I see Intel 82801 AA Usb.
> The kernel module loading is usb-uhci.
>
> If I look at mount points I see cdrom,floppy,windows,and zip.
> If I try to access the zip drive I get an error message saying
> "Could not enter directory /mnt/zip"
>
> Is it posssible to use a usb zip under this kernel 2.2.17-21mdk?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
>  Thank You,

Hi Dale.

As far as I'm aware, Mandrake 7.2 IS supposed to support these drives - that
is the main reason I upgraded from 7.1.

However, I have exactly the same problem as you do, and as yet no-one has
been able to help me...

This is almost the only thing that keeps me dual-booting with Windoze.  I
need access to that drive.

Once that is sorted, I just need to get my sound working, my USB webcam going
and my scanner (which is a Canon BJC-80 with a scanner cartridge instead of
the ink one) and I will be completely Windoze free!

Please let us know if you have any success.

Regards,
Ozz.