One way is to use a program called Apsfilter.  It automatically recognizes
and transforms documents into PostScript, and can then pipe the document
through ghostscript to your printer. It supports LPR and ghostscript 5
uniprint driver support.  It also supports printing of HTML and PDF
documents.  Get it at Downloads.com

On another note, there is Logictran RTF Converter.  It will convert to HTML
and then maybe you could get a convertor from HTML to .ps?  Also at
downloads.com

I know this isn't what you want to hear but there is a program I used to use
in windows that would "print" to PDF files and an option was to save as .ps
as well.  I wonder if it might run under an emulator?  This gave great
quality and was real easy to use.  The other options I have not actually
used since I have no use for them.

It might be a little screwy but if it works, maybe you could script it to be
automatic.  ???

Other than that someone else probably has better knowledge...

Good luck,

--Matt
White Bear Lake, MN