You mean to tell me they didn't tell you about the hand shake.  It's a variation
of the Hokey Pokey, but you have stick your finger in the Servers floppy and then
smack it's ass! lol

Are you sure they're anonymous public FTP?  I'm assuming you tried to log in as
the anonymous user?  Some servers also requre you use an actual email address,
something like [EMAIL PROTECTED] won't work.  Neither will [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I always enter that address because I've been added to a few list due to entering
my address that way. :0(

Let me know a few of these sites, I'd like to check that out myself.
Thanx!
tdh
T. Holmes
Unixtechs.org