menudrake sucks!   -  it should be called  "switch-menus-drake"

Something is really screwed up in the way it behaves, although it is
documented, it is hard to find the documentation, and the GUI interface isn't
very intuitive, load system menus / load user menus,  then when you save the
damn thing isn't saved

then there is that option on your panel to edit the menus, but it doesn't do
anything but waste your time, i don't know what drugs that the guy was
smoking when t/he/y made that program, but please drink some coffee and
upgrade this program.  maybe add drag n drop to it if your embarassed about
how bad it turned out.  and edit the resources on that menu called reload
users menu, reload system menu, or at least put a check flag explaining the
current selected menu[s] you are editing, perhaps the ability to Save to New
Directory would be a great enhancement, or perhaps you should smoke another
one and create a Backup Menus / Restore Menus option.   finally, if the menus
are not saved to the disk do not allow an exit from the program untill the
menus are written to disk.  ie. synch the god darn menu's

1.  when is it happening - can this be detected with some kind of logic;  so
we can save our menus somehow first?
2.  why it is happening - which programs reset the menu's to the mandrake
(tm) menus?
3.  how to restore my hard work creating my menus back after they have been
nuked.   script kiddies want to help out?
4. how can  we  nuke  -  "the program that nukes the menus."
5. how-to add  / edit menus manually without menudrake  (and eliminate #3
above)

please sen-se,  "i would like to master my kde menu system in mandrake"   ;o)

--
Linux.    The Final Upgrade.