Hey,

First off, here's my system info:
AMD Ahtlon 550
Asus K7M Motherboard
Elsa Erazor X (Geforce 32MB SDR)
128MB RAM
Soundblaster live! value
3Com 3C905B NIC

I'm running Mandrake 7.2. Under Release of the KDE Configuration Panel, it
says 2.2.17-23mdk (which I suppose refers to the linux kernel).

I was trying to get onto my school's network through DHCP. I read through
some messages on the list and found out that Mandrake did not come with
drivers for the 3C905B. So, I went to 3Com's webpage and got the latest
drivers. I tried installing it, but when I did this, I got something like
"these drivers weren't made for this kernel. you will have to recompile
them". So using 3Com's readme.txt file, I tried compiling the 3c90x.c file
into an installable module. But then got a lot of errors. Any suggestions on
what I should do? Thanks a lot for the help.

Sincerely,
Salman

PS here is the compile command I used:

gcc -c
3c90x.c -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-red
uce -pipe -m486 -align-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -DCPU=486
 -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__

Thanks again.

Salman Butt '03
Princeton University