Hi:

I installed ML7.2 on a PIII box. The opted to install as a developer machine.
Everything went of smoothly.

However when I try to access a CD either by clicking on the CD-ROM icon on the
KDE desktop or by doing a "ls /mnt/cdrom" it says that there is an I/O error.

I looked at the mtab file and it had the following line:

/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount rw,fs=iso9660 dev=/dev/cdrom 0 0

I tried removing that line, hoping to mount the cdrom manually later. However
when I rebooted the machine, the line was back in the /etc/mtab file.

Like the CD-RW drive (that is what I have), I am unable to access the floppy
drive as well.

Can some one please help me fix this problem....

Thanks in advance.
Surya