On Sunday 28 January 2001 04:05 pm, marcia wrote:
> Dear Roman & Civileme, Thank you for your help. I do believe it is a
> problem with Cox Cable. Maybe it will be cleared up tomorrow. 2 emails
> came in some time tonight however I am expecting many more. I had to go
> to the archives to get your replies. Thanks alot. Sincerely, Marcia

    I think there's been a problem on the Net in general the for last
week depending on where you are, who you connect to, due to a sharp
upswing in script kiddie goins on.  M$ in particular has been the target
of DoS attacks. That kind'a crap tends to bog down major routes on the
Net, particularly Mail and News which is most of the traffic.

      Unfortunately, I've never had an ISP that didn't lie about the
state of their system.  Sounds like the same fate befell you.  Often my
local Earthlink is unavailable for mail and/or news. Friday and a good
part of Sat. it was almost entirely down.  A visit to EL's website said
everything was hunky dory ... no problems here.  I don't bother emailin
their clueless tech support staff any more.
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Galveston Bay