-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Charles A Edwards
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 3:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] connecting to a DHCP LAN

If not aready you might want to chek out this site
http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html

Following are my settings in netconf.
I did not set any of them manually. They were all done during the
installation process in
the Network Connection section.

Host name and network devices
  Host name and domain..localhost.localdomain
  Adapter1
    enabled
    Config mode.......DHCP
    Netmask...........255.255.255.0
    Net device........eth0
    Kernel mode.......tulip

Name server
  DNS required
  IP #1.......192.168.0.1
  Search #1...localdomain

That's it.

I know nothing about your card but if it is PCI you may want to # cat
proc/pci to verify that 7.2 is seeing it correctly.

   Charles  (-:

Forever never goes beyond tomorrow.