At 16:22 29.01.2001 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

following is a short cut from the multicast howto
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Multicast-HOWTO.html):

If you want just to send and receive, you must say yes to "IP:
multicasting" when configuring your kernel. If you also want your Linux box
to act as a multicast router (mrouter) you also need to enable multicast
routing in the kernel by selecting "IP: forwarding/gatewaying", "IP:
multicast routing" and "IP: tunneling", the latter because new versions of
mrouted relay on IP tunneling to send multicast datagrams encapsulated into
unicast ones. This is necessary when establishing tunnels between multicast
hosts separated by unicast-only networks and routers. (The mrouted is a
daemon that implements the multicast routing algorithm -the routing policy-
and instructs the kernel on how to route multicast datagrams).
Some kernel versions label multicast routing as "EXPERIMENTAL", so you
should enable "Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers" in
the "Code maturity level options" section.

for details check out the complete howto @ provided url.....
maybe this gets u on the right way......;)

anyways......i dont understand what sense it makes to activate multicast
without a network card......

--quay