-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ron Grant
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 2:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Stuck! Can't update anything with Mandrake Update.

I have had no end of trouble with MandrakeUpdate freezing up everything.
I sent a note to Mandrake support, and they replied I
should install  'MandrakeUpdate-7.2-19mdk.i586.rpm'  which I tried to do.

It requires  'librpmio.so.0'  which I found in 'rpm-4.0-4.i386.rpm'.  That,
however requires  'libc.so.6(glib-2.2'  which is not yet available on any
Mandrake update servers. It IS available from Red Hat and I'm wondering if I
should install that, or will it just require an endless list of
dependancies.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck and can't update anything. MandrakeUpdate locks me up
solid EVERY time I attemt to inatall anything and I have no option but to
pull the big switch.

Many thanks to anyone who may be able to shed some light on this. I have
installed 7.2 Deluxe Powerpack (McMillan)

--
Cheers!

-Ron