On Monday 29 January 2001 01:32 pm, you wrote:
> alright.....many thanks to u guys for those hints......think i will prepare
> a clean installation of 7.2 instead of upgrading and fiddling around trying
> to get things working again.......;)
>
> --quay
Just to throw my 2 cents in here. I have one box that is a dual boot and I
don't worry much about what is on it so I did an update from 7.1 to 7.2, well
it was an accident. Late at night, went to do a clean install, hit upgrade
and didn't notice blah,blah,blah....Anyway it turned out that the upgrade
went well. I have yet to run into a problem. So the point is, if you are
going to do a clean install anyway, why not try an upgrade or at least a
install but save your /home by not formatting it? Then if it doesn't work you
have lost nothing. FWIW,  Dennis
--
  Dennis M.
  Registered Linux user #180842