On Tuesday 30 January 2001 07:42 pm, Lee wrote:
> I can not run 'sndconfig', where ?

     Please, NO html, both y'all, plain text only. Thanks

   'sndconfig' should be run as root ONLY from a level 3 terminal. That
means that X (-Windows) must NOT be running. This is very important, and
most otherwise well meaning people neglect to mention it.  So how to get
to a level 3 prompt ? Well, as with most things in Linux, there's lot'sa
ways, a couple are:
   If you're booting up, type 'linux 3'.  If X is already runnin, mash
<Crtl+Alt, F2>.  With both, you'll need to be root. If you're user,
logout, then log back in as root. Then run 'sndconfig', answer the
questions. Done.

   If this isn't successful, the next step is to admit to yourself that
you've got less than desirable hardware.  Your only alternative here is
to learn somethin about the hardware you have ... and what you should
have.  'Tell ya right now, 810 (actually i8<anything>) is in the 'should
not have' category.  JMNSHO
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Galveston Bay