Since you've just started using Linux, I'm going to assume you don't
intend to use it as any kind of server.  That makes this rather easy
actually.
Your /etc/hosts.deny should be nothing but the following line...
ALL : ALL
(Lines starting with # are okay, too.)

And your /etc/hosts.allow should be blank or just comment (#) lines.

To be even safer, try running ntsysv and unchecking any services you
don't need.  Typically, amd, anacron, atd, autofs, crond, cups (if you
use it for printing), drakfont, gpm, harddrake, ipchains, keytable,
kheader, kudzu, netfs (if you need NFS access - not to be confused with
nfs, the server), network, numlock, sound, syslog, and usb.

--
Digital Wokan, Tribal Mage of the Electronics Age
Guerilla Linux Warrior