No, no, no!!!

Your CD players does NOT play .wav!!  Your burning
software knows to convert .wav to the proper format!

You need to convert your .mp3 to a .wav so that the
burning software can burn the audio CD.  If you tell
your burning software that you are burning a data
disc, then you will get a CD with .wav files.  It will
be as any other data file and it will NOT play in your
car stereo (or it will play as static).  If you tell
the burning software you are burning an AUDIO disc,
the .wavs will be converted and you will burn TRACKS
that WILL play in your car stereo.  Looking at this CD
will reveal that you do NOT have .wavs on this AUDIO
CD.