Anthony,

Check the permissions on /etc/ppp/ip-up.local. The permissions should be
at least 700. Next, check to make sure that pmfirewall is selected in
startup services to start when the system is booted. These are two things
that will keep PMfirewall from operating. You may also want to test and
make sure that it is indeed installed correctly by issuing this command as
root user in a terminal window.

        /usr/local/pmfirewall/./pmfirewall restart

If you do indeed have PMfirewall installed correctly then upon issuing
the restart command you should see some output very much like this.

----
Shutting down PMFirewall:               Done!

Starting PMFirewall:            Done!

External: ppp0  216.37.160.90/255.255.255.255
----

Check things out and let is know what you come up with.
--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being worthless,"
        "Sharing is what makes them powerful."