[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I have small problem and can't seem to figure it out.....I recently
> purchased a non-winmodem.  External US Robotics modem.  I can hook up to the
> net via my isp.  The computer dials logs in and everything seem to be great.
> However, when I attempt to use the web browser I cannot access any site.  I
> am using the netscape browser that came w/ linux mandrake 7.1.  The browser
> appears to be searching for the site but never leaves the "startup" screen
> for the browser.    Any ideas??
=============
Sounds like a resolver problem.  Try editing:
/etc/resolv.conf

add the lines:
search <your isp>
nameserver <dns#>
nameserver <dns#>

Your isp should provide you with two dns#'s

This will likely solve the problem.
HTH,
Mike

--
"Many loads of beer were brought. What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing, and
dreadful idolatry took place there."