On Wednesday 31 January 2001 09:01 pm, The Conways wrote:
> When I use the KDE control center and look at some of the memory
> properties, it shows 0 swap memory available.

   what does (run from a terminal) 'free' say ?  How much physical ram?
..and how big a swap?   FWIW I use 256 hard/ 80 swap, -0- of which is
used.

 Before I installed
> Mandrake 7.2, I used a 3rd party disk partitioning utility.

    Prob'ly not a good idea, both Windoze and Linux come with all the
partitioning tools needed, and it's much better to use them.  3rd party
tools including the often touted 'Partition Magic' are just 'sell 'em
to masses kludges', as are IMNSO most all 3rd party tools.

I created
> a swap partition, so I know it is there.  Why would it not be
> recognized?  Is it possible to choose the partition that LM 7.2 uses
> for the swap file?  Or is the memory really there and the mistake is
> being made by KDE?
> Maybe this problem is related to my video problems!

  doubt it.

--
Tom Brinkman             [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Galveston Bay