Hello Richard,

        The computer I work with in the university I study uses the CA810A
motherboard, which has the Intel's 810 chipset.
        I haven't had any serious problems related to the sound and
graphics configuration with Mandrake 7.2. The installation procedure was a
somewhat hard. No graphics mode for installation started, which is not
really a problem, but the length of the text lines were too large to
appear completely on the screen. So, I was able to read just the right
halves of the messages lines; I had read the tutorial so it wasn't too
difficult to make sense out of it. The installation language was spanish.
During installation I didn't have a chance to probe the graphics but
XConfigurator did the job latter.
        The sound worked as soon as I started KDE. No extra work was
needed!! I can even use kscd to listen music cd's without any kind of
trick.
        I have read in this list that Intel's 810 chipset is the kind
of hadware that is not recommended to have, but I am satisfied so far. It
even works better than the SiS6326 AGP Graphics Accelerator --which
another computer I use has-- in the sense that it seems that the last
needs a lot of extra effort to make it work correctly; extra effort that I
have gone through partially.

        Good luck,

        Fabian.