On Sunday 04 February 2001 01:03, Richard Bozzato wrote:
> I've just updated KDE to 2.0.1 using Drake update, which has resulted in
> the following problems:
>

>    * I can start Kmix only from root.  Starting from other accounts
>      generates the message "C-Media PCI" (my sound card is a C-Media
>      PCI) is invalid" or words to that effect.  As I can start Kmix in
>      root I assume this is a file privalege issue, but which files?.
>      Also attempting to add this devise to Kmix from an account other
>      than root also causes the error; and
>    *
>    * desktop sounds in Gnome have defaulted to none for all users.
>      Further I cannot  change this using the control centre.  After I
>      change settings, they revert to no sound both for "sounds" and
>      "Sawfish - sounds"
>
> Any ideas?

Yup! There are some additional files. Mandrake Update does not install new
packages that have been added. Here, do me a favor and drop to a command line
and do:

rpm -qa|grep kde
rpm -qa|grep koffice
rpm -qa|grep qt2

and post the results. This will help us figure it out. Please post to the
list as I am traveling and someone else may be able to spot it first.

-Chris