Just the opposite with me.  Mine was broke due to some mysterious take over
by enlightenment.  Then with the last ditch effort of a subsequent removal of
this windowmanager, mine would no longer autolog in no matter what file I
checked and edited.  Until I installed kde2.1.b2 and now it mysteriously
autologsin again.  ???
Check your xinitrc and autologin files.  Check under drakconf under users and
select the autologin box.
-s