On Sunday 04 February 2001 12:56, you wrote:
> I got that part to work, but the cd rom read only drive is not
> recognised by xcdroast, linux will recognise it,
> but not the app because the app wants a scsi drive,
> how would I go about making the first drive as a reader
> get recognised by xcdroast so I can direct copy a cd
> in the reader to the already working burner,
> the reader is not recognised by the app, just linux.

You need to do the same thing that you did to get your burner working.
Setup your cdrom to be under scsi emulation also.

Note to Mandrake folks --
This seems to be a common problem. Why not change the install and setup
programs to automatically setup all ide cd drives as scsi emulation?

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)