Hi John,

doesnt sound like a problem, perhaps that sound coming from your dock
application.
if you run X from tty1, from windowmaker hit ctrl+alt+F1 and look at
the screen. is there any error described.
or maybe it comes from one of the dock you use.
try to load wmaker without the docks with "wmaker --no-dock" command
on .xinitrc , and see if you still got that sound.

i love windowmaker, but i hate those docks :)
i prefer gkrellm to display my sys-information.
like here's my screensoht
http://www.gauli.com/~des/des19dec2k.jpg

Tanggal 06 Feb 2001, John MacCallum mengatakan,

--
Ribbo

"The rain of destruction. It doesn't stop!"
        -- Doom , Quake 3 Arena