Which IDE device is the burner, hdb, hdc, hda?  Have you tried to manually
mount the drive from the command prompt:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Pavel Zubkov
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 9:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] burners

I know lately we all been reading alot about burners and everybody get tired
of
it.  but somehow it is a big problem especially for the people who are new
linux.  i have another burner problem.  i have tried all recomendations that
came up on this mailing list but so far nothing helps.  here is my
situation:
i have a matshita cdrw 7585 burner and a regular cd rom on my system.  i am
running LM 7.0 and my burner (which is adressed as cdrom where my
normal cd rom is cdrom2) can not be used to read cd's.  every time i
am trying to read a cd from the burner i get following message "could not
list
directory contents file:/mnt/cdrom/"  that is strange 'cause i have
installed
my 7.0 from the burner and it was working fine.  if anyone can help that
would
be super.  many thanx in advance
paul