On Tuesday 06 February 2001 05:16, you wrote:
> Get Roaring Penguin's rppppoe software, install it, configure it, and
> reboot.
>
> Jeff Filapose wrote:
> > I've just signed up for verizon DSL. I'll be on in about 3 or 4 weeks.
> > Anything You guys can tell me about getting it to work with mandrake 7.2?
> >
> > Thanks

   This is my first post here, and I somewhat new to Linux in general, but I
have read on the PPPOE standard is that it is used for DSL over phone lines,
for the most part.  IF they are getting a Cable hookup then they don't need
PPPoe software.  I running 7.2 on Comcasts @home connect without any problems
now...( i.e. - after I finally got it recognize my cheapy Realtech NIC...<g> )
 I  hope this helps..:)

  Daniel of L in NJ...: