On Wednesday 07 February 2001 19:33, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 February 2001 10:05, you wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm at the end of my rope with KDE2.1 beta 2. Does any one know which
> > file to edit to fix the missing modules under the Index tab? Would I be
> > better off reinstalling the entire OS and then KDE2.1 beta 2?
> > While logged in as user and then select the KDE Control Center, I keep
> > getting an "error loading module" message. Is KDE2.1 dead?
> >
> > Also, I downloaded the src bz file for KDE2.1 beta 2 for compilation.
> > Does any one know the commands for compiling KDE2.1 beta 2? I have never
> > compiled an src.
> >
> > Help!!
>
> Roman:
> I have the beta and it has the things in the index but I went into the
> directory and did an rpm --rebuilddb and some other rebuild.menus or
> something (don't quote me on that one)...
Try "rpm --rebuilddb" and once that is done do a "update-menus -v"  That will
hopefully solve the problem. I d/l'd the beta2 and installed and it seems to
work very well.  Once you have done the above two functions then logout, let
the system sit for a few minutes and reboot.  I'll cross my fingers, you
cross your toes and then we'll see what happens.  Good Luck.
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842