On Thu, 08 Feb 2001 00:46:59 , AcidShell *-.-* said:
>      Im trying to install Mandrake 7.0, how i have only 32 ram, im using the
>    text mode, but in this mode, when i must select the partitions only appears
>    the /hda2 (such that i dont create) and i cant choose anythng else.
>
>      I have a 1rst hd with 2 gb, and a 2nd with 8 gb, i wish use 700 mb of the
>    first and 1 gb for the 2nd.

That's problem I have a few times during 57-plus installs of L-M 7.1 where
the mouse wasn't detected.

Moving around the application is a combination of tabs and Ctrl-chars.

When you get to that screen use you Tab key to get to the drive you wish
to deal with, strike Enter, that will select the drive (/dev/hda, /dev/hdb
etc).

You can then use your arrow keys to move to the partition you wish to
manipulate.

Once you have it highlighted you will see two panels, the left will show
Create, Modify, Delete and so on. The right will give you a description of
the highlighted partition.

you can use Control-M for Modify, Control-C for Create, Control-D for
Delete and so on. Striking that key combination will raise a sub-menu
relevant to the function you have selected.

Again in this sub-menu it's tab to each field.

I suggest you have a play on a spare HDD to work out how to drive the
application - then you have little chance of screwing up any data on the
drive you are trying to partition.

Cheers

John

--
                         Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"