Yes.

I do realize that this is a Mandrake list, none the less I thought that some
might be interested in the the RH beta which is now available.

I attempted the installation on 3 systems, a 650 Athlon w/ Epox SD-11 MOBO,
a 800 Duron w/Asus A7V MOBO, and a 1.000 Thunderbird w/Asus A7V MOBO.

The installation was successful on both the 650 and the 1.000 but failed on
the 800.
There is an ide Zip on the 800 and I would get a floppy drive error during
hardware detection and the installation would abort.

The 1.000 has 2hds both connected to an onboard ATA100 controller and the
installation handled this without a flinch.(With Man7.2 even if I enter the
param buring boot I have never been able to run the installation so have
been contented with running it on the 650.)
The graphic card on this system is an ATI Radeon w/VIVO. The card is not
auto recognized but
the card is selectable from the listings, though it only allows for a max of
32MB ram rather than 64.
The NIC on this system is a Linksys ver.4 which requires the new tulip
module and it is not included in the installation.

Fisher uses the 2.4 kernel.
Gnome is still the default desktop and works well. The only activities I
have yet performed
is to play an audio CD and do a little web surfing.

A Big problem if you prefer kde to gnome is that kde will not run. If you
try to access it either from the grachical login or from the command line
you get an X sever error. It's really strange since all the kde apps will
run from gnome in the GUI mode.

So as not to bore those who are uninterested I shall stop here.
Should any be solicitous of more info they may contact me off list.

As a final thought looking at the strides that have been made since the
release of the 'crappy' RH7.0 I am begining to wait with breathless
anticipation for Mandrake 8.0

   Charles  (-:

Forever never goes beyond tomorrow.