Michael:
First off, what really sucks is posting HTML messages. Some mail readers
(where the term "mail readers" includes both programs and people) don't
like it. The yellow background really pissed me off. TURN IT OFF.
It's been my experience that PM 6 doesn't have any problems with Linux,
although I seem to recall that the Partition Info that was part of PM 4
was not entirely happy. Since everything ran fine, I stopped worrying
about it. FWIW, my PM 6 manual says that it only supports Linux ext2 and
swap file systems -- not a word about Reiser.
Since my general rule is that there is less grief if I use MS utilities
for MS stuff, and Linux utilities for Linux, I have no experience with
Boot Manager. Lilo and grub have done just fine. Something comes to
mind, though: Until some time last year, Linux had to be located so that
the boot sector was located below cylinder 1024. That problem has been
resolved. Could it be that your version of Boot Manager isn't hip to the
change?
-- cmg