[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just installed mandrake 7.2 and now my windows 98 seems to pause for about
> 20 seconds at certain times.
>
> I'm not sure whether its mandrake or not, maybe its something to do with the
> boot loader.

Did you defrag your windows harddrive before you partitioned it to include Linux? My
friend, Stan, had the same problem because he didn't do that first. Otherwise, check
and see if you have a boot sector virus on your system? Stan, also had that one! LOL
Stan is a perfect example of do nots... actually, he used to be! Under my expert eye,
he is now a savant with windows. His system rocks. But you have to follow my rules to
keep it that way. Oops! Getting off topic. Later.

Cheers,

-- Al

--
  .--. `