Dear friends:

I installed the brand-new Netscape 6.01 in a separate directory so I now
have both Netscape 4.76 and Netscape 6. My problem is with Flash. I
downloaded the latest Macromedia Flash 5.0 when instructed to do so in
Netscape 6. I installed it in /home/sher/.netscape/plugins as well as
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins.

1)
[sher@sher sher]$ cd .netscape/plugins
[sher@sher plugins]$ ls
ShockwaveFlash.class  libflashplayer.so  raclass.zip  rpnp.so*
[sher@sher plugins]$

2)
[sher@sher plugins]$ cd /usr/lib/netscape/plugins
[sher@sher plugins]$ ls
ShockwaveFlash.class*  libflashplayer.so*  nppdf.so*     plugger.so*
rpnp.so*
cpPack1.jar*           libnullplugin.so*   nsdejavu.so@  raclass.zip
[sher@sher plugins]$

The new Flash is recognized by Netscape 4.76 but NOT by Netscape 6. I
tested Flash 5 at http://www.flash.com It works fine in Netscape 4.76
but not in Netscape 6. I checked in N6 by typing in the location
bar: "about:plugins" (without the quotes, of course) as advised by the
Readme file. The plugin list for Netscape 6 shows the java plugins and
the Netscape default plugin but NOT the Flash plugin.

Is this because I continue to use Netscape 4.76? If so, how can I get
Netscape6 to recognize and use Flash 5?

Thank you all so much.

Benjamin

--