Dear friends:

1) Installation:

I reinstalled Netscape 6.01 as ROOT, instead of user. I finally found
the netscape directory. See below. I was able to activate Netscape 6 and
launch it. However, since the initial launch, all I've been getting are
segmentation faults. Besides, I would like to run Netscape 6 as user,
NOT as root. I did a chmod 755 netscape in the /usr/local/netscape
directory and changed the ownership under Permissions (using Konqueror)
to "sher". Still, I couldn't launch Netscape 6. Same segmentation error.

[sher@sher sher]$ cd /usr/local/netscape
[sher@sher netscape]$ ls
Cool/          libXptl.so*         libnspr4.so*     psm/
chrome/        libXptl.so.1*       libplc4.so*      regExport*
component.reg  libcmt.so*          libplds4.so*     registry
components/    libgkgfx.so*        libprotocol.so*  regxpcom*
defaults/      libgtksuperwin.so*  libxpcom.so*     res/
icons/         libgtkxtbin.so*     libxpistub.so*   run-mozilla.sh*
install.log    libjpeg.so*         libz.so*         searchplugins/
libXpcs.so*    libjsdom.so*        mozilla-bin*     splash.xpm
libXpcs.so.1*  libjsj.so*          netscape*        systemSignature.jar
libXprt.so*    libmozjs.so*        netscape.cfg
libXprt.so.1*  libmsgbaseutil.so*  plugins/
[sher@sher netscape]$ ./netscape
./run-mozilla.sh ./mozilla-bin
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=.
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./Cool:.:/home/sher/.kde/lib:/usr/lib
          LIBPATH=.:./Cool
       SHLIB_PATH=.:./Cool
      XPCS_HOME=./Cool
      MOZ_PROGRAM=./mozilla-bin
      MOZ_TOOLKIT=
        moz_debug=0
     moz_debugger=
./run-mozilla.sh: line 29:  3886 Segmentation fault      $prog ${1+"$@"}
[sher@sher netscape]$ Unexpected end of pipe
encountered

2) Plugins

However, I did manage briefly to see my plugins in Netscape 6 (by typing
about:plugins in the location bar). I saw ALL of my Netscape 4.76
plugins (which I had copied to /usr/local/netscape) EXCEPT for the
RealPlayer plugin.

Would appreciate any and all help.

Yours,

Benjamin