On Tuesday 13 February 2001 09:10, you wrote:

> > It has a 12.1" svga tvt display  -    when LM installs, I get the graphic
> interface, so I assume that it somehow see's my display then.  How come I
> cannot get "startx" to then recognize a display after it has installed?  I
> installed the 1200mb version to ensure I get all necessary files. Although
> I have not tried them all,  of the choices of displays from
> "Xconfigurator", the logical choices dont work.  Any new ideas out there?

Do you get anything at all when you run the "test"?

For a while I thought some of the settings weren't working,
cause I would get this vertical banding on the Right hand
side of the screen.  But I could see everything, except for
theses "stripes" where the image was overlapped.  One time
I just went with that, and it looked fine, once it started up after
the first restart.
For some reason, the image doesn't always sync up when you
first do the install of the X86* server.

 daniel in NJ