On Tuesday 13 February 2001 12:29, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new on Linux and I installed the Mandrake 7.2
> version. At first I had some problems with X because
> of my video card (Matrox G450 32MB) that is not
> supported by Linux Mandrake.

 Sure it is supported.  I find it in the list of Graphics cards, when I run
Xconfigurator from a console.

Try Xconfigurator from console mode. Select "custom" for your
monitor type and choose what is appropriate sync ranges for
your monitor.   Then click on Cancel for the next screen, choose
the Graphics card option... Scroll up to Matrox, Find the closet
match to your card, I would think the the G400 32 Meg
would be close enough. Then choose the Resolution
you want and give it a whirl... HTH!

 Daniel in NJ...:)