Da ,...Don is not necessarily right about ignoring your internal modem. If
you plug your external modem into a com port which uses the same IRQ and/or
I/O address as your internal one, it won't work. I assume that your internal
modem is built-in? If not, the easiest way to solve your problem is to remove
it. Otherwise, modify your external com port so that it uses different
settings than your internal one. You can adjust it in your BIOS. Keep in mind
that you shouldn't use com 3 for your external modem if your internal modem
uses com 1 . Use com 2 instead. If your internal uses com 2, don't use com 4,
instead use com 1/3 . You get the idea, right? Then try changing your
settings in the setup appplet in Kppp.
--
Dan LaBine
Maximum LAN's Ltd.