Lucio Costa wrote:

> Hi Folks !!!
>
> I have an AMD K6 III, 400MHz, 128 RAM;
> Video Card Voodoo III AGP
> PCI CARD (SCSI)-----> HD HP 2.1Gb;(scsi)
>                            |----> CDROM Matshita CR-508 (scsi)
>                            |----> CDRW YAMAHA CRW4260 (scsi)
>
> 1- HD 8.1 (only Mandrake) Master
> 2- HD 6.2 (only Micro$oft Ruindos) Slave
>
> Zip Drive IOMEGA 250Mb (with printer)
> HP 720C;
> WEB CAM III, Creative USB;
> SIDE WINDER Game Pad.
> USR 56K Int.
>
> So, I have a problem to compiling the kernel to use this itens.

> I do the linux-2.4.1.tar.gz and patch-2.4.1.gz downloads and I saved it in
> /usr/src/new
> after this..
> #rm linux
> #tar -zxvf linux-2.4.1.tar.gz
> #mv /usr/src/new/linux linux-2.4.1
> #ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.4.1 linux
> #cd /usr/src/linux
>
> I use the make xconfig ( I change only itens knowledges );
> # make dep
> #make clean
> #make bzImage
> #make modules
> #make modules_install
>
> I don`t have erro messages.
> So I do it
> #mv /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot
> #cd /boot
> #mv bzImage vmlinuz-2.4.1
>
> I try change the lilo.conf but i don`t understand the new lines.
>
> I need You help me !!!
>
> []`s
> Lúcio Costa
> ( Brazil )

I assume you are in a GUI.
Type:

DrakConf

and next click on "Tools for booting"

choose configure LILO/GRUB

click on "OK"

next choose "Add"

Choose "Linux"

Give it a label (title) name like "scratch-kernel"

Point "Image" to your kernel by clicking on the "upside-down triangle"

The "Root" should be correct. If not... make it so (Star Trek).

Append whatever parameters you have to pass. Mine has nothing specified
in this box.

Click on the "Default" box if you want this to be your default kernel.

Choose "Ok"

Click on "Done"

Quit out of DrakConf and (believe it or not) reboot.

--

  .--. `
  |__| .-------.   Altoine Barker