I got linux going on my good computer at last. Dad will probably kill me
when he finds out where the 4 gig of his drive has gone through :(

A few minor problems through.

I have a winmodem. I saw someone give a link a while ago to a page which
gives instruction for getting some winmodems to work. Where is it?

The cdrw. Again, people keep mantioning a page which gives instructions but
I dont know where it is.

the dvd drive. Does linux play dvds? I cant seem to find a dvd player rpm on
any of my 3 linux cds. Are there any available? Or does the css code stop
them?

The sound card. Sndconfig detects it but says it is not supported. I tried
sndconfig --noprobe and used every setting I thought might work but nothing
will go. I tried upgradeing alsa (is that the right package) but it says I
need a newer kernel and I have no idea how to upgrade it.