abe wrote:

> I just got Xine working last night.  I had to use a raw device for it.
> Check out the  FAQ on thier website for how to do it.  Good luck!
>
> Abe
>
> goldenpi wrote:
> >
> > I got it. Unfortunatly, it doesn't work. I put in a dvd, press the control
> > on xine labeled dvd, and nothing happens. If I try for long enough xine
> > gives a segmentation fault and I get another core dump. I think the problem
> > is related to either my dvd being slaved to my cdrw or my sound card not
> > being set up. But xine runs at least.

Congratulations! Too bad that it took you this long to figure that out.
Especially, considering that I had informed you about by the third
thread! (I think I was number three or number four, one of the two.) I
had figured my suggestion hadn't worked because of your constant
struggle with trying to get it to work. Alas, it is hard to find what
your looking for through the high volume of mail that comes flooding
through this list. I am happy for you, myself, and everybody else on
this list. You have shared your success and passed that knowledge. I
applaud you. I wish that everyone would follow in your exemplary
example.

--

  .--. `
  |__| .-------.   Altoine Barker