i have doubt. where would be these partitions sit in a dual bott sysytem.
 say for  a 20 gb parttion i want three partions of totel 14 gb (i.e. c:\,
 d\: , e:\  ). where would this , /, /swap,/home, /usr lie i.e in extended
dos> ...is there anything like linux extended ..in which i can make more
 partitions (as there can be only for primary ..correct me.....)
 plz explain me in trems of hda ...so that i an understand tha=e full
 partition table

> It appears that there are plenty of opinions on this one.  You can of
course
> just leave Mandrake to guess the sizes for you but I guess you are asking
> with a purpose in mind?
>
> Information I have been able to get hold of from installations starting
with
> NetBSD and continuing to the present Mandrake (excellent package!)
includes